Postcode Address File (PAF)
The most up-to-date and complete address database in the UK sourced directly from Royal Mail containing over 28 million addresses and 1.7 million Postcodes.
In Stock – A link to download the file will be emailed within 24 hours
- Validate Addresses against the official Royal Mail Postcode Address File.
- Keep up to date with included quarterly updates
- Use your preferred database or spreadsheet with our universal CSV text format files.
The Postcode Address File (PAF) is the definitive database of Addresses in the United Kingdom and is maintained continually by Royal Mail. As a database intended to improve the efficiency of delivering mail it has immense benefits to businesses for the creation and maintenance of mailing lists and databases.
Our PAF data is widely used to improve address capture in software systems used by call centres. Not only does it allow the capture of a full address record from just the building number and Postcode but it also ensures all addresses are captured in a standard format with correct spelling.
By ensuring addresses are correct on all your customer mailings you can reduce mailing errors, reposting costs and also help you qualify for Mailsort discounts.
The use of PAF on internet enquiry forms is growing in popularity in order to reduce the time it takes for a potential customer to enter their details. This speeding up of the enquiry process improves enquiry rates and also ensure you get a complete and validated address for your prospective customer.
Many a company image has been damaged by poor spellings or misdirected mail to their customers. Royal Mail's Postcode Address File helps ensure you get it right every time and maintain your professional brand image and improve customer retention..
This product is only available on an annual licence - you must pay the licence fee annually to continue to use the data.
Your use of the Postcode Address File (PAF) is subject to the following licences and terms and conditions:
- Source: Royal Mail
- Last Updated: March 2013
- Records: Approx. 28 million
- Format: CSV Text format in 5 separate files
- Fields: 14
- File Size: 2Gb (Uncompressed)
- Requirements: Database software (not included) such as MS Access or SQLServer.
- Updates: Released approximately every 3 months - included in the annual licence fee.
- Coverage: United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.