Postcode to Grid Reference Look Up for the United Kingdom
The most up-to-date and complete UK data table relating current Postcodes to their 6 figure grid reference and latitude/ longitude.
In Stock – A link to download the file will be emailed within 24 hours
- Complete coverage with every UK Postcode and its associated British National Grid reference and Latitude/ Longitude.
- NEW - Includes all historic Postcodes for improved match rates and analysis at no extra cost.
- Up to date & accurate Postcode references from Ordnance Survey, Royal Mail & ONS information.
- Northern Ireland is reprojected to British National Grid to provide consistent, seamless coverage
- Location information is updated every three months from official sources to keep you current
- CSV text format files allow use in your preferred database, GIS or spreadsheet application.
The definitive Postcode database which includes all Postcodes for the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) with their respective 6 figure OSGB grid references and Longitude and Latitude.
The Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) data is sourced from the latest Ordnance Survey Code-Point© Open data and Northern Ireland grid references are sourced from the latest Royal Mail information.
About the Grid References
Great Britain grid references are taken from Ordnance Survey Code-Point OpenData. These 6 figure grid references are based upon the British National Grid System and measure Postcode locations in metres from the national (0, 0) point of origin.
For the most accurate PQI’s, these grid references indicate the location to 1 metre accuracy of the first building within the Postcode.
As Ordnance Survey only provide data for Great Britain (England, Scotland & Wales), grid references for Northern Ireland (Postcodes starting with BT) are taken from Royal Mail Postzon data. These grid references are on average accurate to approximately 100 metres and are therefore less accurate than the grid references provided for Postcodes across Great Britain.
All grid references have also been converted and supplied as Latitude and Longitude decimal co-ordinates within the same file.
Your use of the Postcode to Grid Reference Data is subject to the following licences and terms and conditions:
- Source: Ordnance Survey & Royal Mail
- Last Updated: March 2013
- Records: Approx. 1.7 million
- Format: CSV Text format
- Fields: 9
- File Size: 125 Mb (Uncompressed)
- Requirements: Database or Spreadsheet software (not included) such as MS Access, MS Excel 2007 or SQLServer.
- Updates: Released approximately every 3 months and can be purchased as required for 25% of the full price.
- Coverage: United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.