The Postcodes & Constituencies data files provide an up-to-date and comprehensive record of every UK Postcode that has ever existed and the Parliamentary Constituency information associated with it.
Available in CSV text files or Excel 2007 formats, each Postcode is listed with the following Parliamentary information:
- Westminster Constituency Code
- Westminster Constituency Name
- Westminster Member of Parliament (MP)
- Westminster Party
- Scottish Constituency (Scotland Only)
- MSP Name (Scotland Only)
- MSP Party (Scotland Only)
- Scottish Parliament Region (Scotland Only)
- Welsh Assembly (Wales Only)
- AM Name (Wales Only)
- AM Party (Wales Only)
- Welsh Assembly Region (Wales Only)
- Country Name
Additional Parliamentary Information
In addition to the listings by Postcode, we also include additional data lists as follows:
- MLA Names and Party for Northern Ireland Constituencies
- Scottish Parliament Regions with MSP Names and Party
- Welsh Assembly Regions with AM Names and Party.
Postcode & Constituency Data Formats
The listings are available as either 6 separate CSV text files as described below or in a single Excel spread sheet on 6 separate work sheets.
The size files/ work sheets supplied are as follows:
- Live Postcodes AB-LN
- Live Postcodes LS-ZE
- Retired Postcodes
- Northern Ireland MLAs
- Scottish Parliamentary Regions
- Welsh Assembly Regions
You can download a sample of the Excel spread sheet with a limited number of records by clicking the button below.
You can also read our guide on how to use the Excel Built-in Data Form to quickly find a Postcode and clearly display the Parliamentary information associated with it here >
Licensing & Updates
This data file is licensed on an annual basis for the appropriate fee specified above according to whether you wish to use the data:
- On a Single PC
- For viewing on a public facing website with an Internet Licence.
- On as many PCs as you wish within your organisation and also on your public facing website with a Company Licence.
The licence fee must be paid each year to continue using the data and includes updates every 3 months to the data to accommodate new and retired Postcodes in addition to changes to MPs and Parties as a result of By-Elections.
You can read more about this product on our Postcode & Parliamentary Constituency Blog post or by downloading the product specification for the format of file you are interested in:
Of course, if you have any questions which aren't covered by the information on our website, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.