About This Digital Map Of UK Postcodes & Counties
- The GIF and Locked PDF versions of the Postcode Map are high resolution images, suitable for viewing on screen and digital devices or for use within GIS Systems. The GIF image is approximately 11,812 x 16,701 pixels and the PDF is 1000mm x 1414mm in size.
- The Editable GeoPDF is a High resolution PDF suitable for DTP, viewing on digital devices, printing, for use within GIS systems.
- Map background is coloured by County & Unitary Council and includes motorway and trunk roads, major towns and cities.
- Includes insets for London, Orkney, Shetland and the Channel Islands and a Postcode Area index.
Fast Delivery. You will be sent a link to download your map image within 1 working day of your order.
United Kingdom Postcode Areas
There are a total of 124 Postcode Areas in the UK denoted by the first one or two letters of the Postcode. For example the Postcode Area of Edinburgh is 'EH' and the Postcode Area of Manchester is 'M'. Of the 124 UK Areas:
- 1 is the Northern Ireland Postcode Area (BT)
- 8 Areas cover Wales
- 16 are Scottish Postcode Areas
- 101 Postcode Areas cover England
Editable GeoPDF Map Format
The Editable GeoPDF format has embedded Latitude / Longitude co-ordinates and requires Adobe Reader version 9 or above.
As these maps are digital image files and subject to various copyrights, you must license the image according to your intended use. The licence options are as follows:
1, 5, 10 or 20 PC licence. For internal business or personal use, select the licence for the number of PC's you need to use the map image on.
Corporate Licence. For unlimited internal use within a single business entity.
Annual Website Licence: Annual fee required for use on any single publicly accessible web site.
For publishing or resale licenses, please contact us to discuss your requirements.